Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter
Donate

Let's beat cancer sooner

Worried sick

13 Apr 2017 18:51

Hi

I am currently out of my mind with worry; I had a mammogram, ultrsound and  biopsy on Monday and have just received a call from the Dr's secretary saying I must go back for another ultrasound next week. When I asked what the results showed I was told there are no results yet. Is it likely the secretary is just saying this otherwise why would I have to go for a further ultrasound?? 

Re: Worried sick

15 Apr 2017 19:39 in response to Gill31

Welcome to our forum Gill31.

I’m sorry to hear you are so worried about your test results and I can understand why you are feeling this way, waiting for answers is sometimes the worst bit.

Chatting with others who are in a similar position do help and many of our members can relate to your situation, I’m sure some of them will be along soon to offer their support and advice.

Also, please know that our cancer nurses are available on this telephone number: 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday (except during bank holidays) from 9 am to 5 pm if you feel like talking to someone can help.

And once you know more, do come back if you find a moment and let us know how you are getting on. 

Best of luck for your appointment next week!

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

17 Apr 2017 01:24 in response to Gill31

Hi Gill

You are doing what most people do and looking at the worst case scenario. You may just need another ultrasound because the pictures from the initial one weren't clear enough to give a proper diagnosis.

I do hope that this is the case.

Waithing to have a proper diagnosis is always an extremely worrying time. Try to keep your mind off your appointment by keeping as busy as possible with oher things in the meantime.

It can help to make up a list of your concerns to take with you when you go to the hospital. It can also be helpful to have someone else with you when you go for these visits.

Wishing you all the best for next week.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

21 Apr 2017 07:02 in response to Jolamine

Diagnosed yesterday, it's like the world just stopped  . Still lots of unanswered questions as my mammogram doesn't actually show anything and ultrasound is unclear. More tests on the horizon then surgery. 

21 Apr 2017 17:57 in response to Gill31

Hi Gill,

I'm sure that you feel as if the bottom has just fallen out of your world. It's a pity that your mammogram and ultrasound were inconclusive, because as soon as you start treatment you will begin to feel as if you are moving forward. Did you have a second ultrasound when you went back?

Have you got an appointment to return to the clinic and what tests does your consultant want to do now?

I am sure that all this uncertainty will be making you more stressed. Even with a straightforward diagnosis this is a very upsetting time, so I feel for you.

I hope that you do not have long to wait for further tests and trust that you will get a clearer pictre of what you are dealing with.

Best wishes,

Jolamine xx