Worried about my 22 yr old daughter, advice please

Hello All,

this is my first time post.  

My daughter, whom is at uni so not living with me, has had a large swelling in her groin since Nov 18 time.  Went to Gp who found 6 lumps in her groin and one in her arm pit too.  The GP left it.  Finally had blood tests, apparently normal.  

Since then DD has developed more symptoms, night sweats so bad she has to change her bed every night, fatigue, itchy skin.

She has had an ultra sound scan, inconclusive apart from the lymph nodes are reactive.

She has now been referred to the Lymphoma - Haematology clinic this week.  GP called her to tell her, shae has now got her letter.

Just wondering what to expect, any tests she may have during that appointment, any questions I should be asking, should I suggest any biopsies, PET scans etc...

Apologies for the waffle,

Thank you for your time in reading my post and for any advice you give.

Stay healthy, strong and positive,

Leeloubelle :confused:

• Hello Leeloubelle

Welcome to the forum. I noticed that your post hasn't had a reply and that your daughter's appointment is imminent. 

Are you attending the appointment with her? It can be worth noting down any questions that you have before attending, and writing down the answers. It's easy to forget things when a lot of information is being discussed. If you or your daughter would like to chat to one of our team of nurses ahead of her appointment then you can call them on 0808 800 4040 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm). It may help to talk things through before you go to the hospital. 

Do keep in touch and let us know how she gets on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

• Hello Jen,

thank you for replying.  I have not long been back.  We had written down all things that were different and not "normal" for her in a notebook.  Also some questions.
    The worst thing when we arrived is she was the youngest one there.

She has had a chest x-ray, and 18 tubes of blood taken for all sorts of things.  I have taken a photo of all of the tests they are doing so I can research a little.

She has an ultra sound booked for 2 weeks on her spleen, liver and pelvic area.  Then another appointment on 16th April. 

Is it normal for her to have another blood test 2 days before this appointment?

The nurse who was with the doctor did say it is more likely to be lymphoma in regards to all of the symptoms and what they have seen today.  TheDr said she is very poorly and they have to find out with what.

Thanks again, we both just want to know what we are fighting and then we can put a plan together.  We are positive people which helps.

Take care and thanks agaiin,

xx