Worried

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum but feeling like I've no one to turn to atm as don't want to worry anyone. I'm a year in remission from cervical cancer but had my regular 3 month check yesterday and doc is concerned about some changes after internal examination so has requested mri scan. I'm in a bit of pain since examination and I'm convincing myself it's back.....

•  

Hi Mammy,

A warm welcome to this forum.

I am so sorry to hear about your fear of a return of your cervical cancer. This is something which we all dread. If you are having regular 3 monthly checks, things should not have had a chance to spread too far, even if it has come back.

We all tend to think the worst. I wouldn't worry about the pain you feel following your internal examination. This is probably because the doc had a thorough poke around when s/he thought that she detected some changes. Have you got a date for your MRI yet?

I hope that it all goes well and that you get it done soon.

Please keep in contact and let us know your MRI results. In the meantime, we are always here for you, whenever you want to talk.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi jolamine.  Thanks for your reply and kind words. Mri app came yesterday. Doc said within a couple of weeks but it's actually for this tuesday . Im hoping there was just a spare slot and he hasnt rushed it through because he overly worried.

•  

Hi Mammy,

I’m glad to hear that you now have your date for the MRI. Tuesday is not too far away, so not much more time to worry about it. Don’t read anything into being seen earlier than your doctor predicted. This happens quite often, for no particular reason.

I shall be thinking of you on Tuesday and hope that all goes well.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx