Worried

Hi new to this, I was diagnosed with CIN3 last January I was supposed to get treatment in March this year but that had to be put off as I found out I was pregnant, baby has now arrived and I'm so worried that because treatment was delayed my symptoms have progressed, I have lost lots of weight nearly 7 stone since march I'm not sure if it's related to having my son or not,  no appetite but I've been like that for months and it's got worse I can't remember the last time I ate, when I do its very small portions then I'm full up, any advice would be great thanks for reading 

• Hello and thanks for posting

Please try not to worry but do contact your doctor about how you are feeling so they can assess you and arrange a time for you to go to colposcopy for your treatment.

As I am sure you are aware CIN stands for Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia that describes the type of abnormal cells in the cervix. 3 Describes the severity of the CIN. CIN isn't cancer but rather pre cancerous cells that over time may eventually turn into cancer. This usually takes a long time to happen and pre cancerous cells don't normally cause symptoms.

Due to the risk to pregnancy and an early delivery of baby the treatment for abnormal cells is  usually delayed until after the birth but women are often monitored to ensure everything still looks okay.

I'm afraid no one on here can say what is causing these symptoms for you so do talk to your doctor when you can and see what they have to say.

I hope you can get some peace of mind and feel better soon but do get back in touch if you need to. You are also welcome to call the nurses on 0808 800 4040, we're here Monday-Friday 9-5 ( excluding back holidays).

Take care and enjoy that baby of yours

Naomi