Whipple surgery

Hiya my partner had whipple surgery 7weeks ago just bin tould he will need some chemo he also had bladder cancer which he was tould they would remove his bladder once he has recovered from the whipple just woundered if anyone has bin through anything like this as im confused please someone get back to me on this im really worried my partner seems to be getting worse not any better thanks

• Hi S.shel, 

I noticed you hadn't heard back from anyone yet so I just thought I'd let you know we have some information about bladder cancer on our website just here and give you our cancer nurses telephone number in case you wanted to discuss your concerns with them. They're available on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m. 

I've also had a quick look through the forum for you and wanted to put you in touch with [@river56]‍, [@OC239yeo]‍ and [@Jess-Louise]‍ as they all have experience of this procedure and will hopefully pop by soon to offer their support and advice.

I hope your partner's recovery from the whipple starts to improve soon so he can go on to have his chemo.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi S.She

I saw that Lucy mentioned me so came on.

Unfortunately I can't really help my Dad had Whipples surgery many years ago but did not have any following treatment.

This cancer thing is a really worrying and frightening time and we know what you are going through so don't feel alone.

On the practical side start writing down any questions or worries you have.  Go with him if you can to every appointment and ask what you want to if you're not sure of the answer ask them to clarify.

Keep posting 

River