Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Weekly Taxol

15 Aug 2018 21:30

Hi all

Just feeling a bit fed up. I'm on weekly chemo for stage 4 ovarian cancer, diagnosed almost 2 years ago. Physically, I'm feeling fine, although I've only had 5 of the 18. However, psychologically not so great. It just feels like it's taking over, every Monday blood tests ready for Tuesday's treatment. My hair is starting to fall out too. I've been through it before, and have all my turbans and scarves at the ready. I have my son's wedding in September, would have been nice to have my hair! As I'm writing this, it makes me sound a bit vane, which I don't mean to be. Just rotten timing!

I know there are many people a lot worse off, and I feel guilty for having a moan! My family are fantastic and very supportive, but sometimes they don't really understand how I feel. I always try my best to focus on the positive things in my life, but sometimes the whole cancer thing gets to me.

Anyway, moan over, onwards and upwards!!

Jan

Weekly Taxol

17 Aug 2018 00:15 in response to Velvet

Hi Jan, I'm only a stage 2b so I can't imagine how you feel. My name is a Jen and I'm 37 years old with an 11yr old and 9yr old, I have a triple negative breast cancer currently going through chemo. I have a blog on facebook called jen's chemo Mammories. I feel very similar to you, and at the moment and I am so scared it is gonna come back. If you want someone to talk to I'm here, please feel free to msg me. I'm struggling too and everything you said has rung true with me. Ive been brca tested. Please feel free to contact me if u want to talk

With love 

Jen

Weekly Taxol

18 Aug 2018 22:56 in response to jenny_p81

Hi Jen

Thank you so much for your reply. It's tough sometimes isn't it!

It's good to be able to talk to people who understand. I know that my cancer can't be cured, but hopefully can be kept under control for a long time, but as you know, there are no guarantees. I've had a lovely weekend celebrating my husband's 60th birthday with all my family. Then, before you know it , blood tests and scan results Monday, chemo Tuesday etc. I think it's the weekly treatment I'm finding tough.

I'm sorry to hear your struggling too, maybe we can help each other! Hope your chemo is going ok and doing it's job.

Take care

Jan x