Weekly Taxol

Hi all

Just feeling a bit fed up. I'm on weekly chemo for stage 4 ovarian cancer, diagnosed almost 2 years ago. Physically, I'm feeling fine, although I've only had 5 of the 18. However, psychologically not so great. It just feels like it's taking over, every Monday blood tests ready for Tuesday's treatment. My hair is starting to fall out too. I've been through it before, and have all my turbans and scarves at the ready. I have my son's wedding in September, would have been nice to have my hair! As I'm writing this, it makes me sound a bit vane, which I don't mean to be. Just rotten timing!

I know there are many people a lot worse off, and I feel guilty for having a moan! My family are fantastic and very supportive, but sometimes they don't really understand how I feel. I always try my best to focus on the positive things in my life, but sometimes the whole cancer thing gets to me.

Anyway, moan over, onwards and upwards!!

Jan

• Hi Jan, I'm only a stage 2b so I can't imagine how you feel. My name is a Jen and I'm 37 years old with an 11yr old and 9yr old, I have a triple negative breast cancer currently going through chemo. I have a blog on facebook called jen's chemo Mammories. I feel very similar to you, and at the moment and I am so scared it is gonna come back. If you want someone to talk to I'm here, please feel free to msg me. I'm struggling too and everything you said has rung true with me. Ive been brca tested. Please feel free to contact me if u want to talk

With love 

Jen

• Hi Jen

Thank you so much for your reply. It's tough sometimes isn't it!

It's good to be able to talk to people who understand. I know that my cancer can't be cured, but hopefully can be kept under control for a long time, but as you know, there are no guarantees. I've had a lovely weekend celebrating my husband's 60th birthday with all my family. Then, before you know it , blood tests and scan results Monday, chemo Tuesday etc. I think it's the weekly treatment I'm finding tough.

I'm sorry to hear your struggling too, maybe we can help each other! Hope your chemo is going ok and doing it's job.

Take care

Jan x

• Hi jan my name is Angela I too have ovarian cancer it was stage 3 then I had fluid in my right lung so now its 4 It was found 1yr ago I had 3 cycles of chemo then a hysterectomy then another 3 cycles after I felt good then in January this year they found the fluid which was making me short of breath So now I'm on an 18wk course of paxcitaxal  I'm on cycle 12 and feeling ok my ca125 is down to 70 from 4000 You could ask your doctor for sleeping pills which iv had for ages I would love to hear back from you love Angela x

• [@Bella20maypole]‍ hi Angela, how are you feeling after 18 weeks of Taxol? Did you loose all your hair while on treatment ? I hope you doing well .x

• Velvet

Hi velvet,just read your post and I wanted to say you do not sound vain at all,in fact you come across as a lovely lady,who is normal,because it's normal  to have these feeling's  as any of us on here will say the same,and having a moan is good,you need to let the emotions and feelings out,t hat's why this Cancer chat forum is so good,there are many people who are,or have been through simular cancer related illness  and do understand your inner most feeling's.

I hated losing my hair too, it's  started to grow back ,but its white which I hate,so I wear a wig if I'm going out anywhere,, which I don't realy do if I can help it, apart from hospital appointments. I'm  sure by September you will be feeling a lot better in yourself,and will enjoy the wedding,its something to look forward to.

I know how grueling the Taxol chemotherapy drugs can be,I had bad reaction to Paxitaxol, and had to be changed to another taxol drug called Abraxane, which was a bit more tolerable. I finished chemotherapy on 14th Dec ,and not long finished Radiotherapy on 30th March.

I'm on chemotherapy hormone tablets letrazole for 8yrs,it's tough but I'm so grateful for all the treatments and wonderful NHS staff.As I'm sure we all are.

I do wish you all the best with all your treatments, always popping on here from time to time,so do let us know how you are,its good to talk. Take care.

• Hi Anna I have just finished my 18 treatments and had a ct scan this week on Tuesday I will have a call from the team of my progress I'm feeling ok and trying to think positive about my results my ca  125 was 4000 in January last one was 16 My hair is see through and white which I can't stand so I put my wig on as soon as My days now are up and down my legs ache aloft and I've gained some weight too but considering all the chemo my body has had I'm trying to stay positive How are you? Love Angela x

• [@Bella20maypole]‍ hi Angela, congratulations with completing all chemo ! You made it and thats its fantastic news . I had my 5 th sessions of Taxol out of 12 and may hair its not think as before but iam using cold cap so hopefully will keep some . My blood white cells very low so have to inject myself for three days before blood test. I can see that i put some weight on too not to sure how come asvi dont have good appetite and not eating a lots. I hope you will sort yourself out and recover after long chemo. Xxx