Waiting for results

Hi everyone. I am new here. Just had a TURBT op to remove bladder tumour. We get pathology results Thursday and just so anxious. The tumour is all out, unusual looking and just over 1cm. Think it's been there a while as had symptoms for 4/5 months. Had ultrasound 3 months ago but that didn't show anything.

• Hello Mike63, 

Welcome to our forum. I hope you are recovering well from your TURBT operation. I can imagine you must be so anxious at the moment waiting for your pathology results - it's good you don't have too long to wait now and I am keeping everything crossed for you for Thursday. 

I hope you will hear from others here who have had a TURBT procedure before and have had a similar diagnosis. It's great that the tumour is out now. If you have any questions after your appointment on Thursday, you are always welcome to ring our cancer nurses on this free number 0808 800 4040 - their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. 

Keep us updated if you can on how things go for you on Thursday.

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Lucie,

The diagnosis was a huge shock. Stage 2 bladder cancer, into the muscle layer, thankfully N0 and M0. In hospital as a result of multiple blood clots following the TURBT, been in here 2 nights, had multiple bladder irrigation and now almost ready to go home again. Very encouraged by conversation with the surgeon and oncologist who both feel I have good chance of dealing with it. Chemo is booked for the week after next and I am then facing the huge choice between radiotherapy or bladder removal. Would welcome any thoughts from those in a similar situation. 

• Hello Mike63, 

Thank you for coming back and updating us though I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but as you said it is good news that the surgeons and oncologist are optimistic and that it is N0 M0. Poor you though being in hospital at the moment as a result of these blood clots following the TURBT I hope you can get home very soon. 

Perhaps you could start a new thread under our 'newly diagnosed' topic area? I would suggest you give it a title like 'just diagnosed with stage 2 bladder cancer' and this will increase the visibility of your thread and hopefully bring it to the attention of others who have been affected by bladder cancer. If you click on 'search forum' in the blue banner at the top and enter the keywords 'bladder cancer' you will see past threads on the forum about this and you can choose the ones you wish to respond to and engage with. 

We have detailed information on bladder cancer on our website just here which will hopefully answer some of the questions you may be asking yourself at the moment. Our nurses are also available on the number I gave you in my previous post so don't hesitate to give them a ring if there is anything you want to find out more about. 

I hope you recover well at home from the TURBT. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator