Waiting for biopsy results

Hello everyone. I'm absolutely beside myself. I had a mammogram two weeks ago and was recalled on Monday. Had the appointment. Doctor did a mammogram, ultrasound then a biopsy. She said she didn't know what it is so had to send it away. I tried to push her and said I'm strong just tell me if you thinks it's bad. She said she was on the fence but thinks it possibly could just be a fibroadenoma. I have two kids and am so so worried. It was my first mammogram as my mam had bc at 36. They did say it could have been theee years but she wasn't certain. I'm struggling and am thinking if nothing else from waking up to going to sleep. Awful this waiting game. Xx

• I have no answers just sympathy. I am the same had biopsy last Friday and have to wait 2 weeks for results. I actually feel like I'm cracking up. Everyone keeps saying don't worry that's easier said than done.

• Yeah I know. She said my "thing" was 8mm so white small and would be treatable but I can't help but catastrophise all the time. I am a single mam to two kids and I kee thinking of it ja the worse them I have to tell them and that in itself will be horrific xx

• Excuse my typos   It's meant to say I keep thinking of the worse then I have to tell them (kids). 
    that's what I'm worried about. I can take whatever comes to me but not my kids. I want to protect them x

• Totally understand, my daughter is 25 and I still want to protect her. I feel like I've had a breakthrough today, I've read through some of the threads on here and I defo feel less anxious. Also got some rescue remedy pastilles and they've helped. Not sure that I can reassure you but if chatting on here helps, I'm here to listen. xx

• Hi ladies,

I'm sorry to hear about all of this waiting for you all. I really hope you get some answers soon. I'm trying to be strong for my mum. She beat breast cancer 20+years ago and following a colonscopy 2 weeks ago and CT scan last week (due to an 'abnormality' in her colon) she's now been told today that she also needs an MRI scan (waiting on that appointment too) before they discuss the results. The GP originally referred in the middle of December, should she be waiting this long? Why does she need an MRI too?  Apart from loosing weight and being a bit anaemic, she's had no other symptoms so this is a real shock. It also doesn't help that my gran had advanced bowel cancer a few years ago either.

Sorry if this all sounds rambled. I just want some answers for her and don't where to turn to