Waiting biopsy results

Hi I'm new on these forums 

I had a routine mammagram on 23rd December 2019 and then got a letter for the second part of the screening process. I was already worried at this. I went along on 21st January and had a second mammagram, an ultrasound and then a core biopsy where they took 6 sample from one small area. I was due to go for my results today (8day wait) but the hospital phoned yesterday afternoon and cancelled todays appointment saying my results weren't back yet!

I consider myself a really strong person but having to wait another week is really scary and throwing every emotion at me. I have a really busy job and life so there is no problem keeping busy...but I can't believe how much this is dominating my thoughts.

Should I be even more worried that my results weren't back for today?

JRC 

• I can't give you an answer just sympathy. I am going through the same, waiting for results of biopsy. I also think I'm always quite positive and take most illness in my stride but this has totally knocked me for six. I've got another week to wait and I actually think I'm cracking up. Hope you find out soon xx

• Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

It's so strange when it's something personal. I would normally be the voice of reason and practicality with anybody else but my brain is in overload no matter how much I try to rationalise things 'what if's' won't go away!

Good luck with managing your wait and hope we can both have some non-thought provoking time  and that it's all good news next week!

I have never thought of using a forum like this before and can't believe how many people are going through similar or even worse situations. Reading the posts and the support out there is so heart warming.

Thank you again x

• I have to say I have definitely felt calmer since reading some of these posts. Also found rescue remedy pastilles help. It's actually quite scary how many people are going through this.