Vin 3

Hi all.

Need some support..I have vin 3 and waiting for another operation to remove the skin...however it is likely I may have to have my clitoris removed. Won't know until the day of the operation.

Has anyone been through this ? 

Appreciate your help  xx

• Hello Debi7

I'm sorry tohear that you're waiting on surgery to treat Vin 3. It's understandable that you 'may be feeling anxious about things. 

We do have some information about VIN on our website which may be of help but I'm also aware that there is a supportive private Facebook group for women affected by this condition called "Life with VIN - living with vulval disease". I'm sure that you'll be able to connect with other women who have the same diagnosis and are able to share their experiences with you there. You might also want to have a look at The Vulval Pain Society website which has information about support options. 

We do have some posts on the forum which you can read using the forum search function to look for the term "in" but I don't believe we have any members currently active who have had this diagnosis. 

If you'd like to chat with one of our nurses you're most welcome to call them on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm on 0808 800 4040. 

I hope this helps you to connect with other women in the same situation and send my best wishes for your surgery and recovery. 

Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Thank u very much for yr help. 

As I'm not on Facebook it's not easy to find any support