Very anxious- Mum stage 4 kidney cancer

Feeling nervous.  My mum may or may not start Nivolumab today. She was diagnosed October 2017 with stage 4 kc.  Started on Sutent, which was working, but Mum very sensitive and had cardiac problems, so only had one cycle and not recommended she should continue. I was hoping they would reduce her dose and do 2 to 1 regime, but no have recommended we move to 2nd line. Just hope they will start her, it’s such an up and down journey, I’m not sure I can cope anymore.xxxxx

• Hello Mollymay,

As I noticed you haven't yet received a response to your post I thought I might stop by and welcome you to our forum.

It sounds like your mum is going through a lot at the moment so it is only natural that you are feeling nervous. You mentioned she was to start nivolumab the other day, how did that go?

I hope our members who have experienced a similar situation will be along shortly to share their stories with you and offer support but in the meantime feel free to post as much as you need. We are here for you.

Warm wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

•  

Hi Mollymay,

A very warm welcome to our forum.  

I am so sorry to hear about your mum’s predicament.  I have lost both of my parents, several family members and close friends to cancer and know only too well how harrowing it is to deal with such a diagnosis.

Many of us feel that we cannot cope, but somehow or other we get the extra strength to see it through. Did your mum get to start Nivolumab the other day? I do hope so. I cared for my mum through her 12 year cancer journey. Like your mum, she had heart problems, so her treatment options were limited. That was 20 years ago and treatments have improved dramatically since then.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you both.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Are you still on line? Currently receiving immunotherapy  treatment with nivolumab - happy to discuss