Urgent Referral …

Hi everyone,

I have had what I thought was a small lump in my throat beside my voice box for about 4 weeks, I've had a couple of stressful weeks with the passing of my MIL who had breast cancer and put this lump down to being stressed.

I called the doctor and was seen today, the doctor checked my throat no infection however discovered 2 lumps on my neck and has completed an urgent referral for me, no bloods required or anything and I am freaking out! Has anyone else been referred this quickly? 

I am thankful that I have been seen and taken seriously as I know this isn't everyone's experience however I know feel the worry alone is going to make me ill 

• Hi there, sorry to hear about your mother in laws recent passing that must be really difficult for you. I can understand why you felt your own lumps might be stress related. I offer my condolences at this difficult time. 

I just wanted to reassure you that an 'urgent' referral is the pathway for all GP's, so please do not unduly worry. Easier said than done, I know, but the referral is usual practice in these cases. They try to meet a two week guideline for these referrals but with covid sometimes this is missed. 

I hope the helps a little, I don't know anything about throat lumps, I'm afraid as mine is breast. I wish you well and again offer my condolences for your MIL. 

Mickey x