Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Total Duct Excision Pain 12 months post op.

10 Jun 2021 18:00

Hi everyone,

i had a Total Duct Excision in my left breast in June 2020.  Everything was clear which is great however I still have a sharp ache intermittent pain 12 months on.  It's got worse of late.

I'm expecting a call from my GP tomorrow but wondering, or rather seeking reassurance, that this is normal.  

10 Jun 2021 19:44 in response to Andypops72

Hi I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I had lumpectomy in feb 2019 and still get pain/ache in the scar area. When I spoke to my consultant he told me I may always have it , some people just do. I did have it checked though just to be sure as I had convinced myself the dreaded thing was back but all good here over 2 years later , hope all goes well with you. Nicky xx

11 Jun 2021 16:29 in response to Andypops72

Hello and thanks for posting,

Unfortunately, sometimes there can be some superficial damage to small nerve endings that can cause some pain. This can take some time, often up to two years, as nerves are slow to regenerate. Sometimes it is permanent. Less commonly, it can be due to infection in the breast tissue. It is good to get checked out by your GP. Physiotherapy may also help with this.

Wishing you the best,

Vanda

11 Jun 2021 19:51 in response to nicky453

Thanks for your reply, Nicky.  That's reassuring to know.

I'm booked with the ANP next week.  

As long as I know that 'it's just one of these things' and nothing more sinister.  

Thanks again.

Andrea x

11 Jun 2021 19:53 in response to CRUK Nurse Vanda

Thank you for your reassurance, Vanda

I have an appointment with the ANP next week.  I'm sure all will be well but thought it's best to get checked out.  

Thank you again.

Andrea x