Struggling to cope

Trying to carry on but really struggling. Christmas and all it entails doesn't help. Daughter broke her ankle so can't do Christmas day so down to me. Everyone wants a memorable one as probable be Don's last. Just want a bit of understanding from husband as to how I feel and a hug or two but get nothing back from him at all. It's all about him which I understand how he must feel.. Sometimes feel that I have just been a convenience for him all our married life. Sorry about the moan just feeling sorry for myself

• I really do feel for you as I think the way you're feeling is a lot like how my mother is feeling. My dad's never really been one for hugs, whereas my mother is. Since he was diagnosed in September, there has been barely any physical contact between my parents. It's like the warmth has completely disappeared from their relationship, and I think my mother feels like my dad just sees her as his carer now, rather than his wife.

However, I know my dad clearly still has feelings for my mother. He knows she's not coping and is desperately worried about how she will manage in the future. Obviously, I don't know your husband, but I imagine he's probably having similar thoughts about you, but maybe doesn't know how to express them. Just a thought. x

• Hi Suenmags

Didn’t want to read and run. It sounds as though the pressure is really on right now. Christmas can be a stressful time (especially when cancer is involved). 

Sorry your needs are being neglected xx Getting nothing back in return is really difficult when you’re putting your all in and going through so much yourself. 

(((((((BIG CYBER HUG)))))) xx

• I’m going though the same thing I just wish Christmas would disappear you are not alone

• Thanks everyone for your replies. Good to know others are going through the same. Big hugs to you all