Stomach cancer

Hi I'm Sue, my husband was diagnosed with stomach cancer last week and, blood clots in his lungs..

We have not had care plan in order yet, we are trying to be posqtive, but not really talking about the future, what happens next. We see the consultant on the 28th March, to here the next steps..

We don't know wether to ask the prognosis and etc etc, I'm trying to protect him so are the children, but it is very hard to be. Cheerful, I have broken down twice, but he can't cope with thiS.. 

Ralph is 81 years old, has a heart condition , myasthenia gravis, and had prostate cancer in 2003, which he had treatment for. 

Don't know what the future holds, but I am scared and so is he. 

Anyone in the same situation ? ️

• Hello Sue, 

I replied to your post from earlier this evening with some links to information about the specific type of cancer that you said Ralph has and also giving you the contact number for our team of nurses in case you'd like to talk to them. 

I'm glad to see that you have an appointment booked with the consultant for next week. Hopefully that will give you some answers to some of the questions that you have. 

It's easy to sometimes forget things we want to ask when sat in front of the Dr so sometimes I know people have suggested writing down questions to take to the appointment with them. You might also want to take a notebook with you to the appointment so that you can write down any information you want to remember at the appointment. 

You mention that the children are being supportive in helping you to look after him at the moment. Please do feel free to come and post here any time you need to Sue. We do have quite a number of ladies here who have been in your situation and I'm sure that they will be along soon to offer their words of support and advice. 

Keep in touch and let us know how the appointment on Tuesday goes. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator