Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Stage 4 BC and mid-chemo but doing Race for Life

22 Apr 2019 19:46

Some of you already know that I'm training for a 10k run for Cancer Research, ours takes place at the end of May.

I decided the day I got the news that my breast cancer was now stage 4, felt like it was important to have an unrelated goal and to help raise awareness of metastatic breast cancer.

I have never run before, literally never, and with chemo side effects I don't expect to run it all but I am training to run what I can on the day.  Frankly at the moment getting from A to B without vomiting will be an achievement!  I've co-opted a load of friends into it so we have a team of 12 called Legs Miserables (due to Victor Hugo's relationship with the Bailiwick of Jersey, where I live).

Any sponsorship is welcome, pennies make pounds.

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/team/les-miserable-lorna-pirozzolo-friends

LJxx

24 Apr 2019 15:14 in response to TwinTwo

Hi TwinTwo,

What a fantastic way to raise awareness and I really like your team name. It can't be easy, but I'm sure you'll push through the training.

Wishing you all the best for the race and thank you for your support!

Moderator Anastasia

25 Apr 2019 12:01 in response to Moderator Anastasia

Thanks Anastasia,

It's an important cause (as you'll know obviously), and I think people are realising just how many new treatments are flooding through at the moment, exciting times.  Sponsorship is going well so far so hopefully we can contribute a good amount.

LJx