Stage 1 invasive duct carcinoma

Have been diagnosed with stage one invasive duct carcinoma and am booked in for surgery 1st June ,not sure how I feel to be honest 

• Hi there ..

Don't worry, there's no normal way to feel .. confused / angry / tearful/ scared / o.k ... you can feel all of them, together or one one minute and another strait after ... though we think we should feel things, we just have to process it ... 

So whatever you feel, just go with it .. get it out .. and give yourself permission to feel anything....  I had a grade 3 breast cancer and masectomy in July 2017 ... and I let all my feelings out .. then got a pair of vertual boxing gloves on... and got in the cancer ring, ready to take it on ... it's not a walk in the park, but it is doable ... and I'm still here nearly two years later and doing o.k ...

So hold on and when your ready, get in the ring with us, and together well kick cancers butt ... chrissie x

• Thankyou ,my head is all over the place at the moment,I have surgery on 3rd June  and then radiotherapy, so I have a plan in place ,the fight begins x

• Welcome to the club. Your treatment plan sounds very much like mine and [@Sandra123]‍  We did it, so can you. 

• And I've done it and my daughter is currently doing it.

So sorry to hear you've joined the club nobody wants to be in but when we do we have to deal with it. 

You can do this Musefan. Such wise words from Chriss. She's a stalwart on here and is an amazing lady.

Wishing you well with your treatment.

Sending hugs - Irene xx

• Hi

bless it’s a kick in the gut when we first find out ain’t it. 

It sounds very early days for you and I know it’s hard to believe but this is sooooo doable. 

You are now in the hands of a team of people who know this disease so will tailor your treatment exactly to your needs. 

To be honest for me the physical part of the treatment was no where near as big of a deal as I had made it in my head.

rileyroo is right we did it and most certainly so can you. 

Tight hugs lass x

• Hi Musefan,

As others have said there is no right or wrong way to feel. So just let yourself feel and don't stress about where it takes you.

My mum was in your position when she was 43, with a stage 2, grade 3 breast cancer and she was cured.  She developed a completely different, more aggressive still, cancer in the same breast at 63, and now 73 she is still with us and well.  Statistically absolutely everything is on your side for you to be well and have a long happy life.  Well done for catching it early, at stage 1 your survival rates are basically the same as they are for women the same age that don't have breast cancer, that's how good treatment now is, and treatments are still improving at great speed.

Best wishes for your surgery, please let us know how you get on and feel free to ask any questions.

Take care,

LJxx

• Thank you all for you're support,have had the OP I don't actually feel too bad at the moment ,awaiting results of the lymph nodes but trying to remain positive

• There you go lass 1 st bit done.

did u have lumpectomy? That’s what I had... I too was surprised at how I felt. 

Everything crossed for your results. X

• Yes I had a lumpectomy and a few nodes removed and luckily no drain which was the bit I was dreading ,so upwards from now hopefully x