Some advice please

Hi,

so since last year I started to experience blood and mucus in my stools every bowel movement so I did the right thing I went to the dr. Last November I had a colonoscopy and it came back clear. I'm still experiencing pain in my right hand side near my hip and now over the last few weeks my symptoms have changed where I am going more frequently like a cow pat and I'm experiencing wet mucus bloody trumps and still this pain in my right hand side. I also feel bloated a everyday as soon as I've had my first cup of tea it starts then. I've been to see the dr again this week and he said it could be my diet. I exercise a lot and my diet is good I'm vegetarian and have been since I was 4. My system feels very sensitive. When I started with this they did all the fit tests one came back with blood the second non detected and they checked for ibs, colitis and all the others 8 months ago. He said we can re do those tests but wouldn't have thought these would be different. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Please could someone advise me. I'm 38 the dr just said maybe to try eating fermented food 

• Hi Justjenna,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing these issues and I can understand the lack of answers is maybe causing some confusion and difficulties.

If your doctor has further advice and suggestions then try to follow that, but if it feels like they aren't offering much else and you are still experiencing the symptoms, you always have the option to ask for a second opinion if you feel it could be helpful to speak to someone else.

It will be a doctor who is best placed to advise on this, so do talk things through with them and hopefully you will be able to get some information and reassurance soon.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator