Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Skin cancer

6 Dec 2019 18:01

I had what I thought was a splinter ( thorn) in my hand and after being passed around for five months finally had minor surgery and it turned out to be squamous cell T3 with venous invasion.

I have to go back for further surgery with a plastic surgeon as they want to dig deeper and wider.

As yet have not had anyone explain fully the implications as the biopsy went to my dr who referred me to a hospital who said they couldn’t deal with it and referred me to another hospital 3hour drive away 9th Dec for a consultant to discuss this surgery. Op was done 7th Nov. 

Any advice would be welcome 

Issey

Skin cancer

8 Dec 2019 22:10 in response to Issey

Hello Issey and welcome to Cancer Chat,

I can imagine it must be really frustrating for you not to have had any full explanations with regards to your diagnosis and the surgery and to have to be seen in a hospital which is a 3 hour drive away. We have some information on our website on this page on squamous cell skin cancer. You can also find out more about surgery for skin cancer here and I hope that it will answer some of the questions you may have ahead of your surgery.

Our nurses are also available to answer any queries you may have on this free number 0808 800 4040  - their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

Hopefully you will also hear from some of our other members who have had a similar diagnosis before and I hope they will be able to tell you more about what to expect in the coming days.

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow to discuss the surgery. Keep us updated if you get a chance - we'll be keeping everything crossed for you!

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator