Secondary breast cancer

10 years ago, diagnosed with breast cancer, mastectomy, chemo, radiotherapy and 5 years tamoxifen. Now diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in the bones. Told I could have 'years', doesn't feel like it. Anyone with similar experiences?

• I'm in the same boat!  Had Breast Cancer nine years ago with lumpectomy, chemo and radiotherapy (no lymph nodes affected).  Then on 5 years on Tamoxifen and 3 years on Letrozole.  Just when I thought all treatment was over for good, here it comes again!  I have spread in my liver, pleural lining of my lungs and a couple of tiny spots in my ribs.  I have had the same prognosis as you - with all the developments in treatment, I've been told that there's a lot to fight for and believe in!  The first few days after this diagnosis, I was frightened and tearful but these days mostly pass and now I am very positive - not got to spend whatever time I have being miserable!  I am halfway through my chemo cycle and I am feeling well and my blood results are extremely good - way way better than when I started!  I am keeping faith that this chemo is kicking it!  I'm sending you lots of love and positivity and wish you good results.

• Many thanks for your encouragement, I have no signs in any soft tissue, only throughout the skeleton. They are not bothering with chemo, just Letrozole and an infusion very three to four weeks of Zometa. Hopefully with all the new treatments coming out all the time and providing people are willing to be 'guinea pigs' this horrible disease will soon be controlled. My husband had prostate cancer last year but has had robotic surgery to remove the prostate, three monthly injections and one year on he is completely free of cancer, so there is hope for us all!!!!

Blessings to you.

• My mum had breast cancer 16 years ago had mastectomy chemo radio etc, and 2 and a half years ago was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer which was found in lining of her left lung. it later spread to her bones, and back october last year (2014) it spread to her brain after suffering brain seziures. my mams a true fighter as back when she had her first lot of seziures in october she was on life support and we got told she only had 24 hours left to live. 6 months on and shes still fighting. You just got to believe and keep fighting!! Back in December we told it had spread to the liver, and she has tried two different chemo's since to try to keep it at bay (1st chemo started before christmas didnt work so shes on a different once now).. sadly we got told she only has months left but my mam will never give up on a fight. 

Sending love and best wishes to you. Keep fighting!! Positive Mental Attitude !! :)