Secondary Breast Cancer

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can share their experiances of having Secondary Breast Cancer in the bones? What treatment are you having / how long have you been living with the secondary cancer diagnosis?

• Hello MaccaD

We have quite a few ladies here on the forum who are living with secondary breast cancer. Hopefully some of them will post to share their experiences with you soon. 

In the meantime, we do have some information on our website about secondary breast cancer that you may find helpful and if you'd like to chat things through with one of our nurses you're welcome to call them on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Hi, I'm in this club, primary breast, secondary bone mets in hip and back discovered June 2021, it was so scary at first had a hip replacement followed by 1 bout of intense radiotherapy, I'm at moment taking letrozole once a day, denosumab injection once a month and the big nasty pill abermaciclib twice daily, the latter causing me even after over a year nausea but I have devised a way to get around this, I feel very good though and am still working full time in a very active role after initial recovery from op, the first few weeks were hard going but just needed time to feel back to normality, I know it's not curable but can be managed hopefully for a long time, I intend to work for as long as possible, just for mental attitude I found whilst I was at home recovering it was something always on my mind but now over a year on with work issues I don't think about it so much but I must say I do enjoy my days off more and I do look up more and notice surroundings and find life more beautiful x what's your status at moment 

• Hi,

Its actually my Mom who has been diagnosed with it around 6 momths ago. She is taking Letrozole, Ribociclib along with the Denosumab injections and lucklily is experiencing no side effects at all. Her diagnosis was actually only accidental when her GP arranged for her to have a totally unrelated chest x-ray. She seems to be doing really well... no pain, no side effects etc etc, its just hard knowing that they say its uncurable which is scary!

• Sorry for the late reply, I can understand what your feeling the word incurable is so scary but it can be managed, if she can tolerate the treatments she's halfway there, I'm hoping the same, I'm living life to the full and I find myself as time goes by on thinking less about it and more about what I want or can do focussing on the year ahead, what I would suggest is if she fancies a trip here or there try and make it possible whether it's the park, a walk, a trip to the shops because it will mean a lot to her and takes the mind away for awhile, I do hope the best for you all, although it's always there any good times outweigh the bad, she's very lucky to have a support and remember to take time for yourself x