Referral to breast cancer clinic

Hi. I'm not sure what I'm looking to gain from this I guess I'm just worried. I've had sore breasts that have grown in size for about 3 months now and at points so sore I could barely stand being touchedI and I have quite a large lump is my right breast. I finally went to the doctor's last week and she checked and she's made a referral to the breast cancer clinic. I've had bloods which have come back clear, does that mean all is ok? My glands on my rights side are also up and my neck where she was pushing was pretty uncomfortable would this be linked to the breast? She said I'm low risk as I'm young (27) have had and breast fed two babies but I'm still worrying and have a week until my appointment. Will they do a biopsy there and then? Thank you for may information in advance xx

• Welcome to Cancer Chat MummyJas although I'm sorry for the reason you've joined us.

We have a large number of members here on the forum that have been where you are now so hopefully you'll hear from them soon but I just wanted to share some information I've found about what to expect at your breast clinic appointment.

I hope this helps to put your mind at ease about what's to come but you're more than welcome to give our cancer nurses a call if you have any other questions about this or if you would just like to chat with them about your situation. They can be contacted on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator