Hello everybody .
Sadly, I'm now a member of the club nobody wants to join .
I would appreciate some advice if possible from those who have been through this and/or understand the process .
I was diagnosed, (after being messed about for a few months by doctors and consultants), with stage 1 tonsil cancer a few weeks ago .they gave me the choice of an operation or radiotheropy and I chose the surgery. They don't seem to be rushing to operate, (I've been given a date four weeks from now), and I'm worried the cancer will spread in that time.
My questions are: Is this wait for treatment usual? Should I have opted for radiotherapy? Would it increase my chances of being cured?