Really worried

I've had about a 2 month long history of frequent urination with a burning/ aching sensation down below, pains in lower abdomen and lower back, with a lot of discharge, about 2 weeks ago I got diagnosed with chlamydia-was a real big shock to me as I've been with the same partner for 7 years and we've both been totally faithful, I only had the test done as my gp said it can lay dormant for many years, also I've had 2 children in that time, I was on antibiotics for it, didn't clear my symptoms, so I've been put on further anti biotics as they think it could be pelvic inflammatory disease due to the untreated chlamydia for so long, again these don't seem to be working, I've been assured that it's probably just a stubborn infection as it's been there for so long, anyway I had my first smear done (I'm 25) last august 19 without hpv testing as I don't think they did the hpv test then as my gp said I only had the smear, my results were no abnormal cells, now I'm worrying could I have hpv and could this be related to something else and not the chlamydia, the gps have examined me twice said my cervix looks healthy I'm just red down below, I'm on cerazette (progestegon only pill) and occasionally I'll have what's called a breakthrough bleed, I've also had a pelvic/kidney/bladder ultrasound, I've been told they all look normal, had full blood count and all that done, normal and urine cultures normal, really hoping this is just a stubborn infection and nothing sinister! X

• Hello Lizzie25, 

I just wanted to welcome you to Cancer Chat. I hope you manage to get to the bottom of what is causing this issue and that it is just a bad infection and find the right antibiotic for it. It might be worth mentioning to your GP if you haven't done so already that the Cerazette is causing some bleeding on occasions. It's reassuring though that your pelvic/kidney/bladder ultrasounds were all normal and that your full blood count and urine cultures were all fine. 

I am keeping everything crossed for you and hope that you find out more about all this soon!

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator