Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Really anxious- lump in 4 year olds neck

9 May 2019 11:12

Just over 2 weeks ago I discovered a lump in my sons neck, I took him to the GP who asked us to book a blood test, with it being bank holiday I called on the Monday and told had to wait 2 weeks so blood test booked in for next Tuesday.

we have our follow up with GP today, she said she was hoping the lump would be gone by now however it hasn’t and it’s still just as prominent if not bigger. It was 3cm 2 weeks ago and is not tender and not mobile, she is re measuring it today and checking him for any more lumps as he had another in his groin when she last checked. 

My mind is on overdrive and I cannot relax he has also lost 2lb of weight in the last 3 weeks although I’m not sure if his weight usually fluctuatates. He’s not unwell and the doctor said she was doing the blood test as there is no reason for the swollen lymph node, no cough, cold or illness since December last year. I’m really scared and I can’t sleep he is otherwise healthy 

9 May 2019 13:40 in response to Annoymous1

I can't give you any advice but as a mum I wanted to tell you that I totally understand your fears. I totally understand you are panicking but think that one way or the other he is being checked and it probably turns out to be nothing. 

If it is something you need to be there for him, strong , smiley, they are children and don't know what's going on so out attitude is so important. 

I'm here if you need or want to talk . 

Sending you hugs. 

9 May 2019 14:02 in response to PositiveJ

Thank you so much for your response. That’s it he’s non the wiser and I’m keeping my fears to myself, I just can’t wait for 5;20 to find out weather or not it has gotten any smaller

Will update you 

xx 

9 May 2019 23:10 in response to Annoymous1

Any news?

10 May 2019 08:42 in response to PositiveJ

Sorry I didn’t update. So the lump is still the same but is less prominent which she said is a good thing. He has his blood test on Tuesday, if anything shows up I will see doctor next week and be referred but if bloods come back ok then I have another follow up in 3 weeks time, if the lump is still there then he will be referred to peadatrics xx

10 May 2019 09:47 in response to Annoymous1

Well that seems good to me , being a child I think if they see it very suspicious they would have referred him straight away as there's not point on waiting . 

So doctor is probably not concerned at this point. 

Thanks for the update! 

Hugs 

22 May 2019 12:47 in response to PositiveJ

Just an update. Today we have been referred to peadatrics and for an ultrasound on his neck. He has other swollen nodes on his neck now. He’s lost 3lb in 5 weeks and is extremely exhausted. 

22 May 2019 14:48 in response to Annoymous1

Positive thoughts. Think that one way or another is going to be checked and you are going to be ok. 

Look after your baby ( is still your baby) and please look after yourself. I understand is difficult times until you get a diagnosis your head would be spinning with all the possible outcomes.let us know and please, private message me if you want to speak. 

Hugs. 

22 May 2019 14:54 in response to PositiveJ

Thank you. I’m feeling better today like I said to my husband we are further along than we were this morning and we will find out soon. 

Thank you, im trying to keep my mind sane and luckily he doesn’t have a clue how worried we are and will stay that way! 

Thank you will keep keep you updated xx