prostate op 2 days ago

Hi to all, firstly i like to say im sorry to all of you who has cancer also loved ones it also affects.

Im 52 ,I have been quite positive since being diagnosed with prostare cancer 6 weeks ago which has helped, but after having my op lying in my hospital bed the same day it just hit me what ive been through, i was so emotional. Today i'm home feeling a little better but its still hard to take in, It's more of a waiting game now which isnt nice but hope all will be clear, it's like living the unknown. There are so many people like yourselves who are much much worse off than me and i feel for you all but its amazing we have this forum so we can support each other .

Please stay strong

Col S

• Welcome back Col S :)

I'm glad the operation went o.k and you're back in the comfort of your own home where you can now concentrate on getting better.

Like you've said, you have been through a lot so it's completely understandable why you're feeling emotional right now but you've coped really well and you should be really proud of yourself and how far you have come.

I'm so pleased you've maintained your positive outlook as it really does help in situations like these as many of our members know and I'm sure they will be along soon to support you on the road to recovery.

Please let us know how you get on and we'll have our fingers crossed that you'll get the all clear.

Wishing you all the best, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Wishing you all the best in your recovery. My boyfriend has just been diagnosed almost 2 weeks ago. He's struggling to get to grips with it and has put barriers up. He's pushed me away as he doesn't me to go through it with him and says he wants to go it alone. Am lost right now and can't even imagine how he must be feeling. 

It appears that surgery is the only option for him. I've been reading the posts on here to try to understand it and glad your bearing up. I'll look forward to hearing how you progress. All the best 

•  I am 68 years old and I was diagnosed about a month and a half ago yes it really knocks you on your *** when you first find out. I started hormone therapy three weeks ago and hopefully that will take care of Me for a few years to come . Best of luck to you and your boyfriend prayers and blessings on the way to you both

• Hello, thank you for you reply it really helps talking to someone about how your boyfriend is feeling but also you, as it must be so hard for you being pushed away when all you want to do is help him go through this, i'm so sorry for the delay but i was having trouble logging on for a while so today i managed it.I can understand your bf's feelings as it's such a shock and to be honest even though i've had support from my daughters also my ex wife who have been such rocks i've tried not to deal with it myself as i don't want to worry them, I couldn't leave them out once i thought about how they must be feeling so i've shared each step with them and will do so untill i'm clear. So  i will say to your bf let you in as it's both of you who is going through this, it really isn't fair on you, i just can't imagine how you must be feeling being left in the dark, i do feel for you, How is everything going with him? Has he had the op yet? It's been 3 weeks since my op in which i;ve been ok, yes i have bad days but i'm so greatful im typing this, I have to wait until 25 aug for results so i focus on doing my healing plan, I really do hope he includes you but also he is doing well and stays positive, Please keep me updated, i'll do all i can to help anyone,

Regards Col

• Im so sorry to hear your bad news, i do hope your treatment is going well, Keep strong

This site has really helped me so i hope it does you. stay positive and don't forget we are all here for you.

Col

• Hi Steph 

Tgank you for you message of support, its amazing to have it. im getting on okish but do feel down the odd day, its a huge change in my life after my op in more ways than one but i have come to terms with the issues it brings now im waiting for my results.

kind regards col

• You're very welcome col :)

I'm glad things are going o.k so far. It's completely understandable that you're having the odd down day as like you've said, it has been a huge change for you in many ways and naturally it will take time to adjust. I have found some information on our website that might help you with this process. Just click here to find out more. 

I see you mentioned that you get your results towards the end of August. It can be tough waiting for results but try to stay busy if you can and before you know it the day will arrive and you will find out.

Again, we'll be thinking of you and have our fingers crossed it's good news.

Best Wishes, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator