Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Positive

8 Dec 2019 20:25

Hi everyone

I am Michele and have recently been diagnosed , I am so scared and like so many women have to have my lymp nodes, Masectomy and reconstruction with implant. Can anyone tell me what to expect and how long they were in hospital as I have been told it’s just overnight. I am worried about how much pain I will be in and if I will have complete numbness.

Positive

8 Dec 2019 20:58 in response to m1

Hi Michele I'm sorry to hear this. I have just finished 6 rounds of chemo and I'm starting radiotherapy in the new year. I had a lumpectomy in may and suffered no problems at all. I'm not sure about a mastectomy sorry. I would like to wish you well, and sending you some love  

Positive

8 Dec 2019 21:03 in response to Positvegal35

You poor thing I hope the chemo wasn’t to bad , be strong and I return your love  thank you . We have to remain positive . 

Positive

8 Dec 2019 21:06 in response to m1

Chemo wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I'm going back to work tomorrow. Good and bad times pass and I can't believe I have nearly made it to the end of my journey. I think I have changed my way of thinking to be more positive. It's funny where we find the strength from. Stay strong x