Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Pancreatic cancer

23 Feb 2019 20:37

so with a heavy heart my gorgeous beautiful mum lost her battle with pancreatic cancer. Diagnosed October 9th and died February 12th. It is an evil disease that strips you off all your dignity. My mum was the bravest person, we tried so hard to save her but failed.

pancreatic cancer unfortunately is one that is rarely diagnosed early, more research is needed.

we have set up a just giving page in hope we can help others not suffer like my poor mum did.

https://www.justgiving.com/Concetta-Raucci

Pancreatic cancer

26 Feb 2019 11:09 in response to LC71

Hi LC71,

On behalf of all of us at Cancer Chat, I'd like to express my condolences for your loss. You're doing really well with the fundraising so far, I'm sure your mum would be proud.

Wishing you all the best and I hope you reach your target soon.

Moderator Anastasia

Pancreatic cancer

26 Feb 2019 12:08 in response to Moderator Anastasia

Dear LC71, I am really sorry to hear about your mum. My friend has pancreatic cancer. She was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago and it was spread to liver and stomach so they could not operate. She is now receiving chemo. I once lost a work colleague in 2 months from diagnosis to this same cancer. My friend is 60 and very fit person not sure if this will be of help in her fight against cancer. I fear for her. I lost my mother to ovarian cancer in June 2017, she died in less than 3 months from diagnosis, but my mother (86) did not want chemo and was also diagnosed at a later stage. Just wondering how long my friend might have, she has been signed off for sick leave for 6 months, but she has herself said that she might not be alive in July when her son is getting married. I am just thinking when would be the best time to go and visit her, she lives in another country quite far. In my heart, and having seen what cancer did to my mum, I know I probably should go as soon as I can.