Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Ovarian cancer symptoms?? Please help?

11 Jul 2018 21:16

Hi I’m 25 years old 

so 2 years ago I found out I had polycystic ovarian syndrome. Now I am experiencing bleeding on and off more on than off for the last 2 months now sometimes it’s reallt heavy sometimes it’s not but it’s always there. I’m having a transvaginal  ultrasound scan done tomorrow. But along with the bleeding I’m feeling tired bloated. I’ve lost two stone in weight and having severe to mild pains in my lower left abdomen. So bad today that it’s reduced me to tears. I have back pain and occasional leg pain. Last year I did have an enlarged  cyst that did eventually burst. 

I am on the mini pill cerazette but I don’t feel as though it’s the pill doing it to me as I’ve been on it now since November last year and never had these issues until 2 months  ago. 

Thsnks in advance for anyone’s opinions and advice just really worried. 

Re: Ovarian cancer symptoms?? Please help?

13 Jul 2018 16:44 in response to Abbie

Hello Abbie and thanks for posting, 

I am sorry to lean that you are in so much pain. I hope things have improved since you posted.  If not do let your GP know or call the NHS 111 number for urgent medical concerns. 

I think by now you will have had your transvaginal ultrasound. I hope they were able to give you some idea about what it showed, but usually scans have to be reported on before the results are sent back to which ever doctor ordered them. 

Any gynaecological cancer would be uncommon at your age so I think another explanation for this bleeding and pain is much more likely, but I do appreciate that it is hard not to worry. 

I hope your doctors can explain things soon and that you are feeling a bit better. 

If you want to talk anything over please give us a call on 0808 800 4040. We are around from 9-5, Monday to Friday. 

Best wishes,

Julia