Ovarian Cancer

Hi all,

I have just been diagnosed with early stage 4 Ovarian cancer. It has spread to my spleen but that can be removed it seems with no ill effects !!!

The tests and the waiting in between have be dreadful as all the time you are worried about it spreading even more.

Finally, I am starting chemo in a couple of days. I am having 3 rounds of carplatin to shrink the tumour, then another scan and then into surgery for major debunking and then more chemo.

If anyone else has had the same as me it would be great to hear how you got on. I am nervous about the chemo side effects despite convincing my doctor to just give me carplatin for now, which doesn’t cause hair loss.

• Welcome to Cancer Chat smelltheroses although I'm sorry for the reason you're joining us.

How are you finding chemo so far? I hope it's going o.k and you aren't experiencing too many side effects but I'm sure some of our members will pop by to offer their support and advice to you about this and the journey you're on when they can.

If you'd like to connect with others who have a similar diagnosis just use our 'search forum' option in the blue bar above. Our community are very welcoming and supportive so I'm sure they will get back to you if you join in on any of their discussions. 

Our cancer nurses are available by phone if you'd like to chat to them about this as well. They're available Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m on 0808 800 4040.

Wishing you all the best with your treatment Smelltheroses.

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator