Need answers

My dad was diagnosed a month ago with lung cancer which mas spead to his brain. My mum will not accept this and goes about her life as normal he is now living with his friend who is taking care of him as he has lost all coordination on his right side. He had a lung biopsy nearly 3 weeks ago and still no appointment from the hospital I'm really not sure what to do or which what to turn right now. 

• Welcome to Cancer Chat Nicola although I'm sorry about your dad's diagnosis and the impact this is having on your mum.

I hope this information we have on our website about people being in shock/denial will be of some help to you at this time but our cancer nurses can be contacted on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m if you'd like to talk things through with them. Hopefully you'll get some support and advice from some of our members as well.

Fingers crossed your dad doesn't have to wait too much longer for his next hospital appointment. 

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator 

• Thank you Steph for replying we have now managed to secure an appointment for Monday and all being well we should have some much needed answers. Fingers crossed there is some treatment available to him. 

thanks again x 

• Hi Steph 

my dad sadly passed away on Thursday and I'm struggling to cope with how quick this has been. We only found out he had cancer 2 months ago and he never had a symptom or pain at all. The first we knew there was something wrong was when he forgot how to use his right leg. 
    how can something take you so quickly? Did we miss signs that he was unwell? I am struggling today with how this has happened. 

• Hello Nicola
    I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad passed away this week. It's understandable that you've a lot of thoughts, feelings and questions at the moment. Obviously it's very early days in your journey through the grieving process. I'm sure that if you started a new thread and shared your story that other community members would reply. 

You're also very welcome to call our team of nurses to talk things through with them. It may be that they're able to help answer some of your questions. They're available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 0808 800 4040. 

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator