Need advice

Hi my name is Gill, recently diagnosed with breast cancer and so scared ️

• Hi there ... so sorry you have been diagnosed with breast cancer ... those first early days are really scary....  it turns your world upside down ... l think it's the fear of the unknown ... 

I had a mastectomy 9 months ago , and a grade 3 her 2 .... l was just hoping I would get a couple of months to spend with my granddaughter... wrote letters to loved ones and even wrote down what funeral /songs I wanted ... well it wasn't half as bad as I'd imagined ... and here I am 9 months later, and still going strong ... 

If I could go back and talk to that early me, l would have said to hold on, take it a day at a time ... and say you can do this, and come out the other side stronger then I'd ever thought possible ... as soon as I got myself into thinking ... right I've got breast cancer, there's lots before me and there will be many following ... so l got a pair of boxing gloves to give it a run for its money ... and got on the cancer rollercoaster and I held on tight and got ready for a bumpy ride ....

There's lots of us breast lasses on here , that will support you in these early days ... all at different stages and different treatments ... they are the bravest, funniest, lasses you could meet ... hopefully a few will pop on to tell you their story's ... and my letters to family, and funeral plans are put away safe and hopefully won't be needed for a while yet ..

Anything you want to ask or know, this is the place to find out .. so take care and you can do this too ... it's not easy, but it is doable ...  Chrissie x

• Morning Gizzard40, where did that name come from ?!

i’ve also been treated for breast cancer, Er+. Lumpectomy, radiotherapy and currently tamoxifen, due to switch to an AI in 18 months. 

There are a lot of breast cancer folk on here. Ask anything you like!

• Hello. I have just been diagnosed with leukaemia.  Different to you. But I can relate with the feeling of being so scared and fearful. I have started chemotherapy already.

• Different cancer, same fears. You can talk to any one on here, just jump on a thread if the topic interests or resonates with you. Just bear in mind, you have cancer, it doesn’t have you.  

• Hi Gill 

I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer ER+ in March and had 2 lumpectomys in the same breast and sentinel lymph node removal on 13th april. I get my next set of results next week on 1st may. Hopfully no more surgery will be needed and then I can start radiotherapy. Due to the ER+ I will need 5 years of hormone therapy also.

Where I am now emotionally to when I was first diagnosed are very different places. Initially like Chrissie did, I thought about my own mortality. I've settled into it now and just take each day at a time.

Chrissie was and is 1of the ladies that has been a real support to me....and we are a mini community on here ready to give you a space to talk, about bc or anything. We don't only focus on bc as it's just a part of us and doesn't control every aspect of our days...so we talk about life, what we are doing, and cake lol. Xx