Myeloma

Not happy getting a lot of pain go to the  doctor and that say it the myeloma  so go the cancer docter he saying it not that as my blood test   come back OK  but this Wednesdays

'got up  was sick then when into a fit  

•  

Hi Crisp,

Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about your myeloma and the problems that you have been experiencing recently. When were you first diagnosed and are you taking any medication for this?

I am afraid that I cannot be of much help to you as I know nothing about Myeloma. Can I suggest that you phone the nurses on this site on their Freephone number. Their number is 0808 800 4040 and they are very helpful.

Have you seen your doctors since you had the fit? If not, I would advise you to go back again. I hope that you find out the cause of these problems soon. Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. There is always someone here to talk to whenever you feel the need.

Kind regards,

Jolamine

• hi Crisp, I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in May 2016 after retiring from the NHS early to start a holistic therapy business - which I've always wanted to do. Within a month I developed lower back ache and was sent for scans. The oncologist said you've got multiple Myeloma... like you, we were devastated... BUT, THE CONSULTANT HAEMATOLOGIST SAID ITS NOT CURABLE, BUT IT IS TREATABLE. After five months of Chemotherapy, Thalidomide and Steriods, the Myeloma had been reduced to a minimal amount in mybody. The Haematologist then said I was suitable for a stem cell Transplant. I had stem cells taken from myself through a Hickman Line which had been inserted (this was painless and allowed them to take blood / insert my frozen stem cells back into my body. After 3 weeks in hospital and 3 months at home avoiding contact with anyone with infections; in April 2017 I was told 'There are absolutely no traces of cancer in your body'!!!! Yippee, I'm Cancer free!!! Thank God, my wonderful husband, daughter, son, family and friends and the team at Sheffield Hallam. It was a struggle with sickness and feeling rubbish during the treatment and healing process, but apart from occasionally feeling sick (the anti sickness tablets help), and the back pain from my fractured vertebrae which I'm told the pain will ease with the more exercise I do, I FEEL ALIVE, I FEEL BRILLIANT! I'm sure you're treatment plan will be somewhere along the same lines as mine. It's not curable BUT IT IS TREATAE was what I was told a year ago and I am now CANCER FREE. Very best wishes Crisp and please let me know if I can be of further help ️️

• What a sense of relief your post gave me. I have my first appointment with my haematologist tomorrow and my mind has been racing. I have all of the classic symptoms and haven’t felt well for months. I’ve had my thyroid tested as my mother has hypothyroidism, and lots of other tests. Numerous conditions have been ruled out. When I suggested to my doctor that maybe I need some HRT she did some more blood tests and that’s when the bomb shell was dropped. My paraprotein levels are through the roof. I’m trying to stay positive and convince myself that my age is a positive (I’m 51), and hopefully I’ll be ideal for the intensive therapy but it’s still a worry. I haven’t even told my kids yet (they lost their dad 7 years ago today at just 40).
  • I too have myeloma although I'm in complete remission at present.

It's a bit difficult to know what to say to help as it's unclear from your post whether you actually have MM or what exactly, you're asking.

Please feel free to come back and tell what we can help with; I'll certainly try and be as helpful as possible. As previous posters have noted, it's incurable but treatable.

Best Regards

Taff

•  

Hi Kim,

I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you tomorrow and wish you all ythe best.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi

I was just reading your post and feel somewhat brighter, thanks. Same situation as you, I'd had lower back pain, shock diagnosis of Stage 3 Myeloma, had chemo and having stem cell transplant next month (all being well). So pleased to hear you are well, long may it continue!