My wife's stage 4 cancer has spread, starting to lose hope

Two years after diagnosis of stage 4 lung, bone and brain cancer we have managed to keep her alive and things were stable until the last scans showed my wife's cancer has showed itself in different places in the brain again she had lost her ability to walk without the frame I've done everything humanely as possible loved her looked after her running out of ideas and losing hope.

•  

Hi Sardis,

A very warm welcome to our forum.

I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I was in a similar position with my Mum. She started with an aggressive primary breast cancer, which spread to her brain, bones, liver and lungs after 12 years. Sadly, she passed three months after the secondary cancer was diagnosed. That was 25 years ago and treatments have advanced greatly since then. I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer myself in the past 13 years and, there is just no comparison between the diagnosis, treatment and aftercare which we both experienced.

This must all be taking its' toll on you. Do you have any additional help in caring for her?

Please keep in touch and let us know how she is getting on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine