My Dad

Dads just been diagnosed with throat lung and hip cancer and has months I'm devastated and can't bear to lose him I love him and am struggling to cope with it all I want to be strong but feel my world is crumbling I feel I can't cope ...

• Ah so so sorry to hear about your dad. I know how you are feeling as it happened to my dad 25 years ago. Have you got family and friends to support you? Thinking of you and sending you comfort hugs      Leigh x

• Ye I've got a good support around the only 1 person I really want is my dad , I know I will get the strength to support him just feel my world has been turned upside down ....

• Ah bless you, I can remember when we were told my dad only had a few weeks, I used to just be cryig every night when went to bed and saying I don't want my dad to die! He was my hero and I just couldn't believe what was happeningand he was only 54 and really fit and healthy, it was like life had gone on hold and I was just in this trance. Is your dad in hospital or at home  x

• He is at home and you honestly wouldn't think he was unwell he is walking the dog cleaning the windows etc I know it's probaly his way to cope with it to stay busy but think that's quite hard to get my head round it as he looks same old dad and looks the same . I've got a young family and they need me just feel that everything is crumbling around me . Do you have any advice on how to stay strong this is all new to me I've never lost anyone so close to me ?? Xxxx

• I think that is one of the reasons that cancer is so scary because of how advanced it can be before you can get symptoms. Ah bless him, you can't imagine how awlful and scary it must be for them too. All I can really say is that I think you just have to somehow try to get through even an hour at a time and don't be too hard on yourself. It is such a massive and emotional thing and I think that it is amazing how we somehow find inner strength to be able to get through especially when you have young children that like you say need you aswell. I think it is so important for you to keep talking to someone about how you feel. Sorry I can't do or say anything to take away any of your heartache. Sending you big hugs and strength vibes x

• Thank you so much for even replying I've never done anything like this but ur right how must he be feeling thank you for everything x

• Ah your welcome, will be thinking of you all and here anytime if you want to chat, love and hugs x