My baby

Hi all i lost my husband to cancer of wich caused a massive brain heamorage and I have never lived on my own before and it's devastating I love Phil to the moon and back it's been 8 months but as time goes on the loneliness is beating me although I will never take another man in my life 

• My heart goes out to you.  I lost my husband a few months ago. He was my soulmate, my everything. We have two children,a daughter in law, a grandson and another about to join us in just a few short weeks of which my husband knew.  Its all bitter sweet.  For me though although its so painful I keep telling myself to take a day at a time, to live the life I have so that my husband lives on with us and our grandchildren will know him and how much he loved them and how proud he would be of  them and all his family.  I believe that although he is no longer with us, which is so hard to say and feel, he is looking down on us, just from a different angle until we meet again.  Please take care of yourself and use this forum so many people feel your pain and care and will always be here for you when things are all too much.  You are in thought.  Take care x x x

• I lost my husband just a few weeks ago after only having been diagnosed 3 months ago.  I am completely lost - he too was my soulmate, and we didn't have any children or close family, we were each others world and this emptiness and loneliness is unfathomable.  My heart breaks for anyone else in this situation xxx

• Dear Leigh60, Duck & Hippiess. l understand everything you are all going through. I lost my precious Kev 20months ago from Bile Duct cancer, which had spread to his liver and spine. He was diagnosed in Feb2015 and died on Aug 1st. I am 61 now, the age Kev was when he died and l miss him every day. My two sons live away & l feel so lonely at weekends mainly. I have terrific friends & see my sis & her family often, but it still doesn't fill the void of the closeness l had with my hubby. We'd been together 32 yrs and l still find using the term widow upsetting. I need to have the tv/ radio on all the time that I'm in the house & talk to him all the time. Since Kev died I've decorated & bought some new furniture, which l know he would approve have approved of. I go out whenever friends invite me and get quite giddy when either of my boys & their girlfriends visit. I then feel like alittle bit of Kev has come back.....they both have mannerisms of him. To say this life we all have now gets easier is abit misleading. I prefer to say that you get into a routine that enables one to cope somehow. I still cry, as a release & retreat to my bed on bad days.....but I've also laughed and actually enjoyed times too. It's a journey that l never envisaged I'd have to walk on, but my Kev would tell me to keep on going....and so my loves that is what l intend to do. I'm tending the garden, decorating and surrounding myself with people who understand that l still talk about him. He made me who l am...he was my rock, my best friend, my life and somehow I've got through almost 20mths. If someone had told me that just weeks into loosing him, I wouldn't have thought it possible. The pain l felt was unbearable, but with help from the many posts on this forum & my family/ friends I'm surviving......and you all will too. Sending big, big hugs. XXX
  • I too am facing the end of a 35 year mairrage. I am dreading being left on my own. He is dreading leaving me on my own. I do have 3 sons and we will support each other. I know I will get through it eventally. As you and countless others have. It is so hard, but what's the alternative? I didn't expect our retirement be like this it has hardly started. Fortunately we have already done most of our bucket list and all we wanted now was to be together and potter.  Love to you all. 

• Dear Hippies, Duck, CG, Peach and Cathycrafter

You are right in all we can do is breathe put one foot in front of the other and carry on as best we can in our dearly loved one's memory.  A dear friend of mine who lost her husband just a few short weeks after I lost my darling hubby, told me of a quote she had read in a magazine

You never know how strong you are, untill being strong is all you can do.

It helps to be able to express feelings on the forum and to have a response in return and sadly to know we are not alone going through this journey.

much love to you all, take care.