My mum was diagnosed in sept16 with stage 3 bowel cancer she is 71.
She os on the northwest of the country she had radiotherapy in Nov 4 weeks. Her surgeon does not want to operate on her his words and reason why is because she will die . Anyway she had a good response to radiotherapy went back for rescans in Jan . She now has a blockage due to scar tissue and needs a colostomy bag fitted a permanent one.
So w have asked for a fitness test for the big op and her referred her to an anaesthetist for a review before surgery. My mum has no underlying medical conditions apart from a blood clot in the lung but she has been on blood thinners since Sept. he has not referred her for fitness test and will not consider the big op to remove the tumour. It is rectal cancer that she has. We are fumming and waiting to see him next week for the date of smaller op. Had anyone else had this problem and if so did they wait long for a second a option. We do understand that this is a serious op but she would like to at least have a fitness test and then instead of saying she be ill die on the table we would like to know why this could happen x advice would be gratefully x
thankyou for reading this long winded post