mri scan

Hi i had mri scan on liver 8 days ago after diagnosis of bowel cancer then tild it had spread to liver waiting to hear from hospital is so hard hoping to hear this week what plan is as im under care 2 hospitals now .anyone else wait long for info iknow its only week but feels long 

•  

Hi Berylia,

Welcome to Cancer Chat, and sorry for the reason of your post. I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer and a few false alarms. On every occasion I have only waited 1 week from tests to getting the results. I understand that it can take longer to get results for other types of cancer and I'm not sure how long the wait is for bowel cancer.

Waiting for results is always a scary spell. Time seems to stand still and we all imagine the worst case scenario. You would be best trying to avoid the Internet, as many sites are not well researched and give false information. If you must look things up stick to reputable sites only

Try to distract yourself by keeping busy with pleasanter pursuits.

You will feel better once you know exactly what you are dealing with and start with treatment.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things go. There is always someone here for you whenever you feel like talking.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx.

• Hi thanks for taking time to reply to my post .you said exactly what wete feeling the waiting as we already have both diagnosis were waiting for details of treatment and want it to commence.i only really look on this site and the hospital where i shall be treated for liver.hope your health is good now .

•  

Hi Berylia,

Waiting is always the worst time. Once you know what treatment you are having then you can move forward more positively in trying to reduce your tumour.

I am glad to hear that you are sticking to respected sites only. Some people really scare themselves on these disreputable sites, and it does them no good at all.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx