Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Mri

15 Apr 2019 18:35

Hi so 2 weeks ago I had a camera down my throat then last week had a ct scan which they told me after the camera I would be having. Then today hospital calls and says I have to go for a mri scan I didn't know I would be getting a call about. Has anyone else had this? Should I worry?

Mri

15 Apr 2019 19:18 in response to Na-41

Hi what are they looking for whats wrong. 

Billy 

Mri

16 Apr 2019 13:19 in response to Na-41

Hi Na-41

An MRI scan is a fairly standard part of investigations which will be done to establish the cause of any symptoms you are having. It gives the consultant/team more information so they can come to a decision. I had a CT and an MRI within a week of each other when I was referred, and would say it is quite normal from what others have said although I had MRI first and CT scan second. 

Best wishes x

Mri

17 Apr 2019 07:43 in response to Minska

Hi Minska

When the hospital called they only said to go for an mri so when the letter came it said mri liver I'm now worried they have seen something on my liver if they are only doing a liver mri 

Mri

17 Apr 2019 07:44 in response to Billygoat

Hi Billy 

I'm not sure what they are looking for I went about a lump in my throat and now the letter says mri liver I'm now worried they have seen something on my liver