Miss my mum so much..

I lost my mum in June this year to lung cancer, she was diagnosed end off march... does it get easier???

I put a smile on my face when I'm in work and when my kids are with me then when I'm alone I break down and cry and think off my mum..  I don't know how to handle this pain..

• I lost my mum in sep this year. She was diagnosed and died 2 weeks later.

I'm not sure if it gets easier but I think we learn to cope with it a bit better. I think you just have to take every hour/day as it comes and be kind to yourself. 

I'm not coping either and I thought I was. It was like a wave that just hit me and Its not stopped. I've tried listening to pod casts and just silly TV but I think what we need is time to absorb what's happened and remind ourselves there is no time frame on grief and that we are allowed to be sad.

I miss my mum so much too

A x

• Hi to you both i know exactly how your feeling sadly. I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my mum on 18th August. She had lung cancer that spread to her lymph nodes, was having treatment but sadly the cancer spread to her brain. She died 10 days after we found out the cancer had spread.  Just totally devastating. It still doesn't feel real :( 

I think you just have to take each day as it comes. 

Here if you need to talk/rant! Xx

• Hi 

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of your mum...  

I lost my beautiful mum to lung cancer 19months ago.. My mum died within three weeks of diagnosis.  My mum was  so sick towards the end,  blood clots on lung and in her  head, however at the time I didn't even accept how poorly she was.  I honestly thought she would have treatment and worst case scenario she would have 5 or 3yrs left with us .

However my mum died within 3 weeks..  I was on maternity leave when she died,  my baby was 9 month's old.. Im still struggling with loss of mum and miss her so much...

Its my mum's birthday tomorrow and my beautiful mum would of been 69yrs old... I have three boys to look after and they  have been my strength as I know I have to deal with my grief and continue  to carry for my love of my babies. Even tho every day and night when I'm alone I cry as I amiss my mum so much ...

However I trying to be the best mum to my little ones as I know deep down that's what my mum would expect of me... Life is crule.. And I know I will always have a broken heart.. 

I completely understand your pain and sorrow big hugs xxx

• Hi All,

I can relate so much to all the feelings and comments here. My mum passed away on 26th Sept and had a few days where no crying and then yesterday evening, watching a cooking program, mum loved cooking and just broke down. Ailish is right, it is just like a wave that comes over you and you can't stop the tears.

The funeral director suggested it and I have a pendant with mums fingerprint, I hold it close but it breaks me that it is all I have. It is hard, the sadness is difficult to bear and yet all around us, people get on with their lives. I think you just have to take a day at a time, whatever we feel and over whatever time-frame is ok. To me, getting easier will be the days I think of mum without the uncontrollable crying and memories before the last hours.

I am very sorry for your loss and hope you will find things easier in time.

x

• I'm so sorry for your loss too. It is devastating and so hard to take in. 

Hows your day going today? I've taken some holidays from work and trying to relax before I go back in a few weeks. 

A x

• Thank you it sure is. My parents live in spain so i flew over as soon as i knew my mum was dying spent a week visiting her in hospital then we managed to get her home and she passed away 2 days later. We had the funeral 4 days later. Then 3 days after me & my sister flew back home. I had a week's holiday the first week i was in spain then a weeks compassionate leave the second week i was there. I went back to work a couple of days later. Was really tough as people just expect you to be back to normal! 

My day was ok today, i had a bad night the other night couldn't stop crying so then the next day i was exhausted. I just take each day as it comes. 

Will never get over losing my mum, she was my rock, our families world. My heart goes out to you, my mum passed away just over 12 weeks ago but sometimes it feels like it was a week ago. Hope you have got lpts of family & friends to support you. I am always here if you need me.

Take care 

Jo xx