Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Lymphoma

12 Apr 2021 19:56

Good Evening 

I am sick with worry and hoping somebody can help. My dad is 57 and has been told by a consultant last week that he more than likely has lymphoma. He has a large lump on his neck since Christmas (he didn't tell anybody until he went to the doctors recently) he has another couple on his neck and the consultant found some on his groin. He was sent for bloods the same day and a biopsy the next day. He was then called and told he has a pet scan this week and his biopsy results will take a week. He is experiencing bad bad in his side which I think is his liver or spleen? 
I want to help him but don't know how to and I feel like I can't breathe through the shock of this. We have never experienced anything like this in our family. 
can anybody share any positive experiences please? Thank you 

Lymphoma

14 Apr 2021 20:57 in response to Chelsea88

Hi Chelsea88,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I just wanted to send a message as I noticed you hadn't received any replies yet, but hopefully you will do soon (my reply will boost your post so more people should see it).

I'm sure this time must be incredibly difficult - the uncertainty is tough and hopefully once you have all the answers from the tests, you'll know what's going on and any next steps that are required. I hope it's not too long to wait for you all to find out more about this.

Whatever happens we're always here for support if you need it.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
Cancer Chat Moderator

Lymphoma

14 Apr 2021 21:34 in response to Moderator Ben

Thank you very much Ben