Lung cancer?

So I've always suffered with bad coughs at the end of colds etc. I had covid last November and was quite poorly with it (only in bed, not in hospital) and the cough just won't shift. Coupled with that I had some chest pain in December that came and went quite quickly one day. I have been back and forth to the GP and had 2 courses of steroids which haven't shifted it and am now booked in for a chest X-ray in 2 weeks time (not a 2 week referral). The GP said she could hear a bit of crackling at the bottom of my lungs. She said there were 2 sorts of crackling and this one didn't sound like inflammation. Didn't ask what the other sort was. She asked me if I'd lost weight (which I haven't) and said there were no obvious red flags but obviously I'm still scared stiff that it's cancer. I've had blood tests and an ECG and all were normal. My blood oxygen level was also good. I just don't know what else it could be. My mum was dx with bowel cancer out the blue this time last year so now I'm a lot more anxious about it.