Lump in Groin

Hi so the other day I found a small pea sized lump in my groin at the top. It moves around and doesn't feel hard or hurt. I asked my mum and she said she had a lump there also. I don't know what to do, I feel like I have really nad health anxiety and I just keep go Googleing it ans touching it! Any help would be appreciated but I am afraid 

• Hi Jazzy, I can understand that you are worried about your small lump but as a female I also have a lump in my groin and apparently it's a ganglion which is a fatty lump but is not dangerous.  I was told that we have lots of veins, ligaments and tissue in this area so lumps occur.  If you are really worried you need to see a doctor as none of us on this site are qualified to answer you properly.  Why don't you call one of the nurses on this site the phone number is given here and they could advise you what to do.  Good luck, Carol x 

• Sorry for the late reply, did you manage to find out what this was? I've got the same. Although it's slightly bigger than a pea, moveable hard and not painful. I've had it for 4 years now, and I stupidly left it due to been young and naive, I'm now 22 with a family of my own and worried sick, hope your well