Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Looking for advice

21 Oct 2019 14:43

Hi my mum has a protruding lump on the right side under her rib cage under her right breast. Now and then it sticks through her rib cage. Her gp has sent her for a x ray waiting results I was just wondering has anyone else had anything similar I just want to be prepared.  Please right back

Looking for advice

22 Oct 2019 11:27 in response to Stephybabie

Hello and thanks for your post

I am sorry you are worried about your mum's symptoms and can understand you wanting to find out what is going on. I'm afraid it's not possible for anyone on here to say if there is anything the matter or if there is, what it could be. Only a doctor can make a medical assessment so the best thing to do is to see what her doctors have to say.

I think a lot of people with new or ongoing symptoms worry about cancer. But for most symptoms there are a lot of other potential explanations and usually it is more likely that something else is the matter.  But it's best to get checked out just to be on the safe side.

I hope you know more about your situation soon.Please get back to us if you need any more information or support.  You may find it helpful to talk things through with one of the nurses on our helpline.  The number to call is Freephone 0808 800 4040 and the lines are open from 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday.

Kind Regards,

Celene