Liver cancer

Hi everyone, my partner has been diagnosed with liver cancer a few days agi=o. He has had lots of tests and he says they are all coming back brilliant. He won't let me speak to his medical team at all. I feel so confused .The trouble is I see him at the hospital every day and he is on a driop and antibiotics and pain meds. I can't see him coming home or able to have any treatment as he is totally exhausted, I am feeling destroyed and hopeless. I'm trying to eat well and look after myself but i'm struggling. Any comments 

• See my "Truly Double Blow" thread in Caring for Someone....section.

Bluntly, I don't see how you can handle this when you are not party to all the "facts". Doctors have been prepared to talk with me  - with wife's agreement this time, but without when she was very poorly in ICU last year and unable to give explicit consent. Is the "partner" aspect relevant? Are you actual next-of-kin? If not, can you use whoever is as an internmediary? 

An awful situation I know, but you need to know. My sincere sympathy. 

• I'm getting married tomorrow at the hospital and eventually my partner will be in palliative care. The hospital with the help of a caring friend has arranged it all in a day. I am so happy and very very sad. I never want to this journey again and now I have hope that noone will bother me with Oh just your partner. I have my legal standing and new wills will be drawn up and I won't lose my home. At the start of a very sad journey but happy as a married woman.

• Good! Sometimes practicalities have to take centre stage. And my "congratulations" , however short and sad the journey.