larynx cancer

my ma is 75 ex smoker  of 13 quit now  and she has been diagnosed with larynx cancer, a few days ago, its not spread thank god,   and the consulant said he is sure he can take the whole of it out in surgery removing the voice box,  i have looked into and  although the paper work is very helpful,  it doesnt tell you indivual cases,  my mom, has copd and emphasemia too,  so were are concerned of the affect,  they  said  she was too old  for chemo and radiotheraphy , but she could have radiotheraphy on its own,  but it may not get rid of it the 1st option given total surgery is more relaivle for it not to come back,  has anybody been through this,   

• Hello smithy 123.  Welcome.   I cannot help you with your enquiry (sorry) but while you are waiting you could type the word "larynx" or "laryngeal" into the box named Search Forum above your post and see what comes up.  I have had a quick look myself and there is one quite recent under "laryngeal".  You can send a message to the person who posted it and hopefully you will be able to swap information with them.  In fact I would try a few of them as some may be following any discussion that comes up about laryngeal cancer even though they have not posted themselves in the last few weeks.  Best wishes to your mum and yourself.