Incurable cancer

my mum was dignosed in may with incurable cancer it started in her bowl and spread to lung liver other parts the doc says the cancer doing well with the chemo I worry has any one else had this or know anyone who has if so how did they live it worry’s me thanks 

• Hi Monkey16,

I have a different type of incurable cancer, there are many of us living with this sort of thing these days.

I'm glad that the chemo is working for your Mum - I know first hand how scary this sort of diagnosis can be, having gone through it with my Mum and (several years later) me. 

Best wishes
    Dave

• Hi Monkey16

My husband was diagnosed with incurable cancer (different type though) and also had palliative chemo which we think gave him extra couple of years but also had a friend who had a good quality of life for nearly 25 years following such a diagnosis. There is no hard and fast rule.  I am glad the chemo is helping your Mum's cancer and long may that continue.  It is scary but hopefully you can talk this through with your Mum and/or her medical team which helps to make it a little easier to understand. Jules54