ILC breast cancer grade 2

Hi, I had a lumpectomy in October and further surgery in November as two lymph nodes were active. Thankfully after 2nd surgery and lymph nodes removal no further activity found.  Just had first chemo on early December and next one pending. Can’t help worrying about recurrence which I know I shouldn’t at this stage. I keep looking for reassurance. Anyone else feel the same? 

• Hello Lilabel,

As I noticed you haven't received a reply to your post I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to our forum.

I'm sorry that you were diagnosed with breast cancer but I'm glad to hear that after the second surgery no further activity was found.

The feelings you describe are perfectly normal and I'm sure many of our members here can relate to how you feel. Hopefully, some of them will pop by soon to say hello and share their experiences but until then feel free to browse the forum for stories similar to yours and start chatting with others. Everyone here is very friendly and I'm sure they'll be happy to talk with you.

Wishing you all the best,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Lilabel. I think with the holiday season not many replies are forthcoming. I had lumpectomy in Feb 2017 and radiotherapy which finished in April 2017. I'm on tamoxifen as well. Recurrence thoughts and anxiousness have been with me since i started this journey. I had my first mammogram 2 weeks ago and am very anxious. I relive everything up to being diagnosed last year and feel all my body for lumps and anything unusual. I do calm myself down but if it's sthg persistent then I get in touch with the breast cancer nurse. It's perfectly natural to have these bouts of panic or anxiousness. But you're in the system and being treated and will be monitored so that's a good thing. I just think if it comes back for me - I'll just have to handle it & get on with it but why worry about sthg that hasn't happened? One day at a time and breathe. You got This!