Husband passed away within 24 days of diagnosis.

Hi

My husband was diagnosed and died within 24 days of a diagnosis of mestastic signet cell 5 and half weeks ago

No symptoms whatsoever just his appetite was not great for about 2 and half weeks would anyone have any information on this type and is it hereditary.

• Hello Philadelphia and a warm welcome to Cancer Chat, 

I am so sorry to hear your husband passed away just 24 days after being diagnosed. It must have been quite a shock to you especially as he seemed to have very few symptoms prior to his diagnosis. 

We have some information on our website on signet cell cancer and you could perhaps give our nurses a call if you would like to find out more about this rare cancer and ask whether it is hereditary or not. You can get in touch with our nurses on this free number 0808 800 4040 - their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. 

I've also found this thread where other members have discussed signet cell cancer in the past so don't hesitate to post there and share your experience and ask questions you may have to other members who have been affected by this rare cancer. 

Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time but I wanted you to know you are not alone and we are there for you anytime you want to talk to others who understand what you are going through after sadly losing your husband to cancer. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator