How should I feel

I don't know how to feel . I've just been told I have breast cancer . And I don't know what to feel . I have told my family and I know my mum would love to just come round and give me a cuddle but I don't want her to and I feel bad . 

• Just do what feels right to you.
    There's no right way, no wrong way, 
    Try not to shut anyone out, but this is your issue and you need time to get your head around the news.

Best wishes
    Dave 

• Hi there and welcome. I, and everyone else here too, can totally understand where you are at the moment and, as Dave rightly says, there is no right or wrong way to react to such news. You are in shock and probably feel a little numb at the moment but you will go through the whole range of emotions as the news sinks in, from fear and anger to disbelief, lonliness and grief. This is all perfecly normal and is our minds way of trying to make sense of a situation which, for now, we don't understand and have no control over.

Have you been given some idea yet of a treatment plan or what is likely to happen next? I am a total hypercrite for saying this (!) but do try to focus on whatever the next step is and not think too far ahead if at all possible.  You have already had the hell of waiting for the diagnosis and unfortunately there is an awful lot more waiting to come so just pace yourself and do whatever you feel will help you most. Look after yourself and do come back and tell us how you are doing or if you want to rant and rave, this is a great place to do it.  Take care Sue x